Welcome To Ask This Muslim GroupPlease keep in mind that this group is welcoming to anyone from any religion that wishes to know more about Islam and for ourselves to better understand Islam. This group is not for debates, religion bashing, polemics, nor is it a dating site or matchmaking group. It is to ask honest questions and give respectful answers to learn more about Islam, this is not a group to criticize others beliefs. As well, talks about different sects are not allowed as this will always start a fight. We should not be divided amongst ourselves, we are all muslims and follow Allah, the quran, and His messenger Muhammad (saw).
If you feel a post or comment is inappropriate for the group please report it:
How to report a post/comment:
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
If you feel that your post was removed by accident or If you feel we have acted unjustly you are welcomed to message me about it and I will take the painstakingly time to review the admin panel, where the logs shows every action taken by the admins and moderators.
A warm welcoming form the owner, Sfiso (on the FB Group Ask A Muslim):
while there are only really about 9 rules,
they have been broken down to explain them a bit better into about 41 different things....
because unfortunately this was needed and will probably be updated as needed. Please take the time to at least read the main 9 points, thank you.
Anyone breaking the rules, depending on the severity and repetitiveness may be muted, put on post approval, or banned from the group without warnings.
1. Be Kind and Courteous
WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER TO CREATE A WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT. LET'S TREAT EVERYONE WITH RESPECT. HEALTHY DISCUSSIONS ARE NATURAL, WITH KINDNESS IS REQUIRED. MAKE SURE EVERYONE FEELS SAFE.
1. This is not group of kidding. So when you pass any remarks, you have to take liability for that statement. Do not say later "I just said that without thinking or I was kidding". Do not react 'Ha Ha' on any queries.Reacting 'Ha Ha' will discourage people to ask questions.You will get warning.If you will repeat same again and again,We will remove you from group.
2. If there are any links in this group posted by members (We admins/moderators can not verify that link is fraudulent or not or malicious one), so Click on any link with your own personal risk. We (Admins & Moderators) are not liable for any kind of your monetary or information or privacy loss. We will remove any posts that we think that the link is suspicious (not related to islam, may have a virus or malware, gives false information) We will remove false information/false news/very very old news if We can denote one.
3. Do not reply in any queries with 'Google your answer',if that is the case there is no point of this group.yes you can advise 'contact with local mosque/imam/mufti' or you can post specific link to help the person get answer. If you think that some queries don't worth your time-Do not reply,avoid and remain silent.There is no point to ridicule one just because your brain thinks everyone should know this answer.Five fingers of our hand are not same and everyone do not have privileges like you when they grow up so everyone will not be intelligent as you.
4. We will turn off commenting on some post when purpose of those posts would have served well and sufficiently. Or if the comments get out of hand.
5. Please Do not brag about your status or knowledge on Islam.If you want to show off your knowledge,Go to Mosque and Give speech there.When you are replying to some queries here,Be specific and content. Example-Someone ask- Is Alcohol prohibited In Islam?You answer yes and you can also explain why but you don't have to post why music is haram,why is interest haram,why is pork haram in the same post without any question from anyone.If you want to tell/post something,make your own post.Do not Hijack other post.
6. Do not post violent /sensitive picture or video.Do not post any things that promote suicide,drug use or violate facebook community standard protocols.
2. No Hate Speech, Bullying, or Harassment
BULLYING ISN'T ALLOWED. DEGRADING COMMENTS ABOUT RACE, RELIGION, CULTURE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER OR IDENTITY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. DON'T CALL SISTERS 'DARLING','HONEY' OR 'BABY'.
1. No rude behaviour or insulting other and 'Do not judge policy' will be here.Always be gentle while one is behaving with you gently.Otherwise We will remove you from this group.
2. Do not call any sister 'Darling','Honey' or 'Baby' Here.Call her sister or by name or madam.For this behaviour you will be muted for 7 days.
3. If you will put any kinds of insulting posts or remarks about any prophet (From prophet Adam A.S. to prophet Muhammad pbuh,Even about Prophet Isa A.S.),you will be removed from this group.Remember As Muslims We love all Prophets including Isa (A.S.)
4. Messaging members asking for their pictures, marriage proposals, or asking them to find you a husband/wife is simply not allowed! Any members found doing so will be banned immediately from the group!
5. Do not ask someone if they are a muslim, unless it is a sincere question so that you may help to answer their question
3. No Promotions, Advertisement, or Spam
GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE TO THIS GROUP. SELF-PROMOTION, SPAM, IRRELEVANT LINKS THAT AREN'T ABOUT ISLAM AREN'T ALLOWED. DON'T MAKE POSTS OF 'IF YOU LOVE ALLAH/PROPHET MUHAMMAD PBUH TYPE THIS OR THAT/DON'T SCROLL WITHOUT LIKE/SHARE/COMMENT'
1. Do not spam
2. Do not advertisement for your page or groups
3. Do not post something that is nothing to do with Islam.
4. Do not post picture of any self claimed 'pir','wali' or any person with intention of promoting Him.
5. Do not post like 'type this' ,'type that','don't scroll without like or share or comment','Do you love Allah',Do you love prophet Muhammad pbuh(Muslims love Allah and all prophet,there is no need to declare that again and again by liking or comment),you will muted for 7 days.
6. Do not post comparative things.Example- Who is better 1.Dr Zakir Nayek or 2.Nouman Ali Khan Again Do not post.-example-Who is better?1.Prophet Muhammad pbuh or 2.Prophet Isa (A.S.)..Refrain from posting such things.
7. Do not post any kinds of videos with background Music unless it has importance attaching it to deliver the Islamic Message.
8. We will remove 'live video' in some cases because We cannot certainly know what types of speeches he/she will gonna make(it can be favour of fringe right extremists) as we have no so much time to watch whole videos. We will not give explanation 'why it is being removed' to anyone.Our action will not be questionable in such cases.
9. We will not attend any donation request post/web link for donation. Please do not make donation/fundraiser posts....we can not verify that they are legitimate
unless you can swear to Allah on your soul that you know for a fact that 100% of the money being donated is going to those in need
and I know your intentions are good especially during Ramadan but again, unless you yourself can be liable and swear to Allah on your own soul that all of the money is going to good deeds and not a portion of it and the rest being pocketed, then please do not post or share things asking for donations....
For those that are seeking financial help due to circumstances (loss of job, medical bills, ect....) here are some sites that allow you ask for donations, these site are made for this one purpose and you will have more exposure and people who are able and willing to help GoFundMe: #1 In Free Fundraising & Crowdfunding Online Online fundraising donations and ideas - JustGiving Online Fundraising Websites To Raise Money For Anything
if you have a genuine need for help, feel free to contact us as we will on a case by case assessment try to offer what help that we can from those that have donated to us to be able to help you
- 9.a as this seems to be requested, we have attempted to allow donation posts, please be advised that we are not held accountable for scammers.... we will try our best to keep scammers away but we will not always be able to do so.
You may make posts here: Charities and Fundraising
but if we feel that it is a scam, it will be removed and you may be banned depending on the severity
10. If you would like to promote yourself for teaching the Quran, Islam or Arabic or anything else related to islam, please post here with all required information including fees;Are You a Teacher?
be sure to Read The Rules For Posting
before posting your advertisements
4. No Debates, Fighting, or Politics
DON'T POST PROVOCATIVE POSTS THAT WOULD START ARGUMENTS OR COMPARATIVE THINGS. EXAMPLE- WHO IS BETTER 1.DR ZAKIR NAYEK OR 2.NOUMAN ALI KHAN. DON'T ASK QUESTION ABOUT SHIA SUNNI OR OTHERS SECTS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A GROUP TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ISLAM, ALL POSTS THAT ARE NOT ABOUT LEARNING ISLAM WILL BE REMOVED.
1. Do not post provocative posts
2. In case of any fight between members,Admins and moderators decision will be final.
3. Do not ask question about shia sunni or others sects with intention of creating fitnah/fight,you will be blocked.
4. Do not post politically motivated content
5. Do not bring 'Israel-palestine' and 'kashmir-India vs Pakistan' dispute here.We are not politicians,so there is no point to create chaos in this group. We understand that what is going on is saddening, however we are not here to talk about politics, we are here to learn more about islam.
6. We have no place here for radical minded people,We will remove that type of people without prior warning.
5. No Personal Information
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR MEMBERS; DO NOT POST SELFIES, THIS IS A GROUP TO LEARN ABOUT ISLAM. DO NOT POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS.
1. Do not post selfie
2. Do not share your personal information,address,email,phone no/mobile no,credit/debit/bank account informations, We as admins and moderators will not be liable for any cases of fraudulent.
3. Please Do not post any revert muslims pictures because of security purposes.
6. Personal Space
DON'T VIOLATE SOMEONE'S PRIVACY BY STALKING HIM/HER. IF ANY MEMBER FROM THIS GROUP SENT ANY VULGAR/PROVOCATIVE MESSAGES TO MEMBERS INBOX, HE/SHE WILL BE REMOVED. (SCREENSHOTS NEEDED FOR PROOF)
1. If any member from this group sent any vulgar or provocative message to others in inbox there will be no mercy.He/she will be removed forever.(Screenshots needed in such case to prove your accusation)
2. Do not violate someone's privacy by stalking him/her from this group.(Screenshots proof needed in case of accusation)
3. Do not say non related female members to send you friend request in this group and Do not force either to accept your friend request.you will be removed from this group if one send us Screenshot.
4. Do not share pictures of people without their permission, how would you like someone posting your mother's, sister's, wife's, or daughter's photos for men to stare at?
POSTS WHICH CAN BRING 'SHIRK', 'ZINA' WILL BE REMOVED AND POSTER WILL BANNED. REFRAIN FROM POSTING PICTURE OF ANY ANIMALS OR ABOUT BLACK MAGIC OR SUPERSTITIOUS POSTS.
1. Posts which can bring 'Shirk', 'Zina' will be removed and in this case poster will not get any warning.He/she Will be kicked out from group as soon as we will see that posts.
2. Refrain from posting picture of any animals or about black magic or superstitious posts.
3. Refrain from posting altered pictures showing Allah written on them
8. Post in English
PLEASE POST IN ENGLISH (OR PROVIDE A TRANSLATION)... OTHERWISE NON-ENGLISH POSTS MAY BE REMOVED.
1. As it is international community please Use English language for posts,comments for communication. You may use your native language but you must provide the best english translation that you can, otherwise the post will be removed.
9. Do Not Block Admins and Moderators
NO BLOCKING ADMINS OR MODS, IF FOUND DOING SO YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE GROUP.
1. If anyone block any Admins or moderators,He/she will removed from this group without prior warning.
while our rules may change or be updated from time to time as needed, they have always remained the same just we have tried to explain better...in reality there's only about 9 rules but as sajid pointed out they are broken down into about 40 different individual rules....
(and if you haven't realized yet, I am slightly ocd so I'm always trying to improve on things
and at times I tend to ramble
)This is a great group and I don't want you feeling like we are trying to impose on you but however there are always those very few that make it necessary for us to remind everyone in general....
while I am somewhat strict on the rules we really aren't that strict or overbearing we just want to make sure that this is a safe and welcoming group for all members and we do take pride (i'm not sure that's the word i'm looking for) in maintaining the safety of the people here....